Monday, July 29, 2013

One hour of sewing therapy.....



I got 6 sets of 4 strips sewn together and gave up for the evening.  I'll slice them and piece the blocks today.  I hope I can get to the design wall today.


It was another fun family day with more cousins and catching up on each others' lives for the last 9 months.  In spare minutes I started another 2 tone dishcloth.  I increase until I get to 30 stitches with cream color yarn and then tie on the remainder of the yellow variegated yarn.  I'll end with a cream corner on the other side when I run out of yellow.

8 comments:

Susan said...

That's what I need...an hour of sewing therapy! Hopefully I can find some time to sew today!

I can't wait to see how things turn out on the design wall!

Brown Family said...

You have to keep your hands busy. Me too!

Needled Mom said...

I hope you are enjoying the visits, Wanda, but a little sewing therapy is always needed.

Donna~~ said...

I think I need a month of therapy! Your dishcloths remind me a lot of potholders my mil's neighbor makes. She's made me a few and I love them. Please send me some of your energy--definitely need some! :)

JJM said...

Thank you for a bright cheery post on a Monday morning...Mom had a blue and yellow kitchen in the 50's your yellow dish cloth's bring back those fond memories.

JJM

Patty Cramer said...

Hey Wanda, Is this easier than crocheting them? I made some that I crocheted, and they were easy, but I really like these!!! otterpc@aol.com
Patty

Janet said...

I like a bit of project rotation too. The blocks look great and so does the dishcloth. I've never made one but they look easy enough.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Thanks for the great tip for using up those leftover yarns... I started one like this today!