Friday, June 7, 2013

Thursday's theme was "focus"..........

 I finally got all 108 blocks up on the wall and decided on an arrangement.  I'll sew them together today.  After a fun day with friends yesterday I was ready to focus on several projects.




Number 10 out of 12 stars is finished.  I cut the star points for the last two blocks too.  I also finished tearing out the paper in the rest of the Stepping Stone blocks in the second column.





I added two more rounds of strips edging my way out from purple to periwinkle.  Next will be true blue, then turquoise and green.  I think it is in the 22" range right now.






I thought I dug out all of the spiderwort when I was planting the last dozen or so of hostas last fall.  The spiderwort dies down before the end of summer so the hostas will fill in the spaces.



This is the native plant Heliotrope.  I know there is another plant totally different with the same name.  The flowers are very fragrant.  The plant is rather invasive so I have to keep it controlled.  Since these are growing on my bark path through the garden I will dig them out when they are done blooming.









Here is a link to Sharon's blog for the shortbread cookie recipe (cookies that I showed yesterday).  I mix mine with a mixer now instead of cutting the butter in with a pastry cutter and they still come out fine.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! So productive! I really love the batik 16 patches. I am going to make a batick quilt for my MIL this summer and am already planning to use my scraps for this! Thanks for the daily inspiration :).

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your gardens and all your projects. I need to do more work in my gardens as so many things just grow too thickly after awhile and then nothing grows right -

Karen H said...

Your projects are all so pretty - you have a lot going on! :) I made that cookie recipe for the first time this past Christmas. They are delicious. I will definitly make them again!

patty a. said...

Love the hits of pink in the checkerboard quilt! The background print for the star is very cool and the color rounds are so fun! I was surprised last evening when I went to dig up some plants to give to a co-worker that despite all the rain we got yesterday the ground was still dry. There was enough moisture to make the digging fairly easy, but we could use more rain. It is cool here too. It will interesting to see if my cannas can handle this weather.

Anonymous said...

what is the black and white fabric for star background? Very fun!!!

Sharon said...

Wow, your stamp quilt is coming along. I love your medallion piece, the center just glows!

JJM said...

Another great post today Wanda ~ 108 blue blocks, to your star, your new piece and garden photo's. Made my day.

Get ready for some heat... We have had above average temps the last several days. Like it was 93 yesterday !

JJM

Quiltedtime said...

Love that black and white background print in your star block!!! Heliotropes confuse me as well because there is another plant with the same name. Then there is helianthus, the sunflower.

suemac said...

Those star blocks are coming out so cute.

Carol said...

I love that star block. Will all the blocks have the same background or just a black and white theme?

Quiltdivajulie said...

The star you shared today is an absolute knock out!!!

Good luck stitching all those blocks together ... I know how careful you are about lining up your seams!

Annie said...

You must be loving that blue now! I want to make one of those coloured blocks starting with yellow...it's looking yummy scrummy. I have the other heliotrope, so was interested to see the tall version.

LynneP said...

Thanks for the cookie recipe. Love that 16 patch...

Christine said...

your 22" strip quilt makes me think of 3 men in the fiery furnace!

Chris Daly said...

Wanda, I love your 22" Quilt. Will it be for sale when you finish it?

Brown Family said...

I like the strip of half square triangles in the purple!

Nan