Wednesday, May 22, 2013

New busy work, and a sunset...........

This is my latest busy work project which I started last Thursday.  Two strips of batik 2.5" wide will make 2 blocks. I was able to finally put them up on the wall when the art quilters were here Monday.  I can see I need to make a lot more of the darker blocks.  I have 48 blocks done and I need 60 more to make a quilt 72" x 96". 
I don't see many pretty sunsets in town but last night the one after I finished mowing the front yard was a pretty one.  Once again my nature photo is similar to the quilt I am working on.
Yesterday morning I went to Sewing, Etc. in Yorkville IL where the QOV sew in is held and did some cutting for them.  Then I had to purchase some fabric.  I got a half yard of each.  I didn't choose them to go with each other but they make a dashing trio.

18 comments:

Paula Hensley Murphy said...

Lovin these fabrics! you did great

Gene Black said...

I love your "busy work" project.

Quiltedtime said...

Your new fabrics are breathtaking. What brands are they?

Jean said...

Love the new fabrics! I like anything with squiggly lines, so much movement.

sosarahsew said...

Look at all those blues!
It really does resemble the sunset

Marie said...

Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, Wanda. Beautiful fabrics.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like that statement "you had to" LOL, love those spots of pink in the quilt at the beginning of post my eye was drawn right to them

Julierose said...

I love your blue batik quilt. It just glows...lovely...Julierose

Anonymous said...

I have to admit if I stuck to three half yards I might get ahead on the USE it Up project.

Needled Mom said...

It is amazing to see how close in color the blocks and real life are!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Mother Nature is one of my favorites for inspiration. I need to keep my camera closer!

New fabrics are indeed wonderful together!

suemac said...

I like the batik blocks. Look pretty easy.

JJM said...

I have wondered several times if you did that on purpose. With your quilt photo reflecting nature photo. I do enjoy seeing both.

And... my oh my ~ I agree what a dashing trio of new fabrics.

JJM

Marei said...

A dashing trio, indeed. I really like the way they look together. And your leader ender batik project is very nice, too. I make my 36-patch blocks as leader enders and it's always amazing how quickly they come together....and how fun they are to do. Ha! I see my verification words are "lividly cooling"....could be the name of your blue 16 patch quilt!!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

All three of your photos make my eyes happy. You make me smile and that is always a good thing!

Cathi said...

I love your busywork blocks! Beautiful sunset photo - I love it when we see the sky turn that gorgeous shade!

Brown Family said...

Before last year, we could see pretty sunsets in the city, then they built a new elementary school across from us and no more sunsets! I like the colors in the quilt.

Nan

Sheila said...

Beautiful batiks. I love 16 patch blocks. Good to know that 2 WOF strips make two 16 patch blocks.