Yesterday morning while I was in the basement cutting more blocks I decided to see if a filler fabric could be used in my layout. I had this one fabric in mind, my favorite of Philip Jacobs newer fabrics. There are 4 pieces of it in here. I think it will work in smaller areas, just not sure about a big piece of it.
I got 9 small and medium size blocks made. Some of these are scrappy and I'm not sure if they will all be in the quilt. I was too tired to go back to the basement when I finished sewing them (11 p.m.) so I'll work on the layout today. I have been working on this project one week and have 32 blocks made. I have to admit I'm getting a little tired of it. I have the next 2 quilt ideas dancing in my head.
I don't have a die for the size triangles needed for the medium size blocks but I had some Thangles the right size. I'm into season 4 of Doc Martin while I sew these blocks.