Friday, February 15, 2013

16 blocks........

I think the Rattlesnake quilt is coming to life with a little more red in it.  On the pattern Karen has 20 blocks with red corners but I'm not going to have that many.
I only got one block made yesterday.  I finished loading a quilt on my longarm in the morning and quilted a few rows and then met a friend for lunch.  We ended up talking for 3 and a half hours.
When I got home I finished the quilting and trimmed the extra batting and backing.  I'm planning to use the dotted fabric for the binding.
 
 

8 comments:

patty a. said...

I love the your rattlesnake blocks! The red does make it sing! Have a great weekend!

Vicki W said...

Those rs blocks are awesome. If they were called something else I would be tempted to make them too!

Sheila said...

I'm enjoying watching you work with fabrics as you piece these Rattlesnake blocks. They look like Teeth/Choppers to me.
So glad to see this polka dot quilt again. I Love It!
Sounds like you had a nice Valentine's Day yesterday. My Mother and I visited a local fabric shop and ate spaghetti out last night.

Chartreuse Moose said...

The extra reds are delightful!
Perfect for Valentine's Day sewing!
Hugs!

JJM said...

I too like the additional reds... Now I see mountains in each block. (*._,*)
r
I agree, dotted fabric is perfect for you binding.

JJM

Nifty Quilts said...

Your Rattlesnake quilt is very striking! I like your addition of red.

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Love more red!

suemac said...

You look like you had fun on the longarm.