Wandaful Quilts

Visit my blog shop https://wandafulquilts.blogspot.com for items for sale: wall art, mini art, quilt tops, fabric groupings. It is an ever changing group of items.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Another social sewing day.....

As long as the basement was clean I invited 2 friends over to sew all day yesterday.  The first thing I did was sew the binding onto the little African colorwash piece.  I have part of the hand sewing done.
The second project was sewing the pieces for this zig zag quilt that has been on one of the design walls for months.  I realized I could sew two squares together to prepare the mirror image units and it will be easier to lay out on the design wall now.
I was bored with that project because I was repeating the same Kaffe fabrics over and over with the gray dots, so I pulled a bunch of Philip Jacobs prints and pressed them to prepare for cutting triangles from them.
Last night I got all of the ditch quilting in one direction done on the large colorwash quilt.  Then I did a little more hand stitching on the African colorwash.  I need to sew the hanging sleeve on before I finish the hand sewing though. 

14 comments:

cottonreel said...

I haverecently made a full bed quilt zig zag . Mixed colours and mixed cream . I'm hand quilting it as a winter project . I love it .
I shall be interested to see yours using all colours .

Mary said...

I spent yesterday sewing with friends too. What fun! I'm looking forward to seeing the zig zag quilt with the additional fabrics.

Gypsy Quilter said...

Wow, you've gotten a lot done! Thanks for sharing.

Gene Black said...

Wow, those color wash quilts look amazing

suemac said...

I wish you had an on-line class on your color wash quilt techniques. I would surely sign up for it.

suemac said...

I almost forgot. Don't you just love those feathers.

Quiltdivajulie said...

What a wonderful day you had . . . friends and colors and progress!!

Katie said...

that large color quilt is beautiful. great job on all the other progress.

Elaine said...

I love those colorwash quilts-beautious!

Needled Mom said...

That was a full, fun and productive day of sewing.

Sheila said...

So many beautiful, colorful fabrics and projects. A feast for the soul :)

Angel and Kirby said...

It is fun to sew with friends. I help a friend with her quilting on Fridays and sometimes Tuesdays (her days off). She agreed to make a quilt for a neighbors daughter so I have been helping with that. We did a simple 5 color trip around the works with 5 inch finished blocks. It came out lovely and big. She paid to have it quilted and I volunteered to bind it because I have more room to manage it! . She agreed and then changed her mind. Yesterday , I helped her prepare the binding and get it sewn to the quilt. When I left she was stitching it down.

GerryART said...

No grass growing your feet.

Seems there's not been an idle moment

Hugs

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

I like both colorwash quilts; the one from African fabrics is a great size for my hallway wall. Time to get cutting - I have plenty fabrics!