As long as the basement was clean I invited 2 friends over to sew all day yesterday. The first thing I did was sew the binding onto the little African colorwash piece. I have part of the hand sewing done.
The second project was sewing the pieces for this zig zag quilt that has been on one of the design walls for months. I realized I could sew two squares together to prepare the mirror image units and it will be easier to lay out on the design wall now.
I was bored with that project because I was repeating the same Kaffe fabrics over and over with the gray dots, so I pulled a bunch of Philip Jacobs prints and pressed them to prepare for cutting triangles from them.
Last night I got all of the ditch quilting in one direction done on the large colorwash quilt. Then I did a little more hand stitching on the African colorwash. I need to sew the hanging sleeve on before I finish the hand sewing though.