I spent a large portion of the day yesterday going through all of the hand dyed fabrics and choosing the next ones to cut. Those 2 stacks are each about 3" high. I sewed triangles into squares for 4 more blocks but ran out of steam before I could sew the blocks together. Here is a preview of them next to the stacks.
I put my single hole needle plate on my machine to make the triangle sewing easier; no triangle corners pushed down through the throat plate. I also put in a new size 70 needle. You can't be hesitant when you are starting the seam of 2 triangles. You need to take off with a little speed. Going too slow punches the fabric down through the throat plate.