Wandaful Quilts

Visit my blog shop https://wandafulquilts.blogspot.com for items for sale: wall art, mini art, quilt tops, fabric groupings. It is an ever changing group of items.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

I pieced a block......

A friend found a GO die on sale and picked it up for me.  I have the adapter to use the GO dies on my Studio die cutter.  It is the large triange in the flying geese sections on the sides.  It matches up with the 3" finished triangle and I had a box full of them that I had been cutting from scraps.  I also had a stack of 6" finished squares to choose from so this block went together fast.  I can see I need to take a little narrower seam allowance to make the block come out at 12" finished and that is why I made the block, to check out how everything fit.
A lot of my plants are drought tolerant so this batch in the front is doing fine without being watered.  We have only had about an inch of rain all month.
 You can see the balloon flowers are doing well too.  I have watered this bed lightly a couple times while I was watering my porch pots.
I moved these red lilies to this location about 6 years ago and they finally have more than just one or 2 blooms.  Maybe they like it hot and dry.



6 comments:

Gene Black said...

I have found that with several methods I get slight variations in sizes. That is why it is important to use the same machine for all the blocks, then the variation in seam allowance doesn't affect the quilt outcome except for possible a slight difference in finished size of the quilt.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

very very pretty!

sherry said...

i love the colour of those lilies

Nancy J said...

The red day lily with a yellow centre is lovely, and the balloon flowers my favourite. Cheers from Jean

Diane said...

Glad to see something flourishing in ths heat. What a gorgeous lily! I love the fabric combination in that block.

Needled Mom said...

The daylilies here do better when they are dry and warm too.

Your pieced block looks terrific.