I basted a quilt yesterday morning while talking to a friend who was using a couple of my design walls. Then last night I put the binding on 2 more mug rugs that I had quilted a couple nights ago. As I have been making these, I have had a nagging memory of a baby quilt with the corners of the binding sticking out and raveled. I have been sewing the binding on the front, turning it to the back and topstitching right next to the binding on the top to catch the flap on the back. I have gotten pretty good at it, but the nagging memory had me wondering about the folded mitered corners that aren't tacked down like they are when I hand sew bindings. When I did these blue ones I tugged at the binding at the corner and I could see it would pop out with a little pull. While I watched 3 hours of TV last night I went back and hand tacked the corners on 10 of the finished mug rugs. That is way too much time for the price I will charge (no final price decided yet) so I tried bartacking by machine on these blue ones because the binding is dark and it won't be as noticeable. It is a little messier, but like I say, on a dark color it doesn't show up much. I'll be experimenting for a solution on the next ones I make.