Tuesday, May 1, 2012

1/2 binding, cross seams, amaryllis.....

I have finished two sides of the hand sewing on the binding.  Now I need to cut the hanging sleeve and get it sewn on the top edge before I finish the binding on that edge.  I also sewed all of the cross rows of the new colorwash but I haven't pressed it yet, so no photo.

The first flower was open yesterday morning.  The second flower on the first stalk started opening around noon.  I caught it in photos 3 times yesterday to show the progress. I was wrong on my estimation that this would be a white flower with red accents.  It is the opposite, a red flower with white accents.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous binding, absolutely gorgeous amaryllis!

Sewing Junkie said...

Good you are getting this done. Time is running out. I would be panicking. Chris

Sequana said...

That flower almost looks like a type of colorwash, huh?

Yes....time is ticking. Here it is already MAY!

Cathi said...

Beautiful binding. The amaryllis is gorgeous -- what a fabulous colour!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Lovely quilt, lovely pics... which I immediately saved to my desktop for "wallpaper of the week" - thanks again for your inspiration! See you in a month!

Anonymous said...

"The Exuberant Color Production" is coming right along and living up to it's name.

Loved the opening of your Amaryllis.

J~MT

Jocelyn said...

Your quilt is so gorgeous!! Love the color.

pembrokeshire lass said...

Oh...I soooo love your work!! Wish I could have some...sigh!
The flower is gorgeous, too. I've had a few of these and always enjoyed them..they are just so majestic! Joan

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

You are really doing well at your finishing up. And I've never seen an Amaryllis like that. It's a beauty. Glad you got progress shots of it.

Jean said...

good job getting the rows sewn together...can't wait to see it all pressed!

Anonymous said...

I love amaryllis. I asked for bulbs for Christmas - got 4 which I planted in pots. They all bloomed and then one died, but the other three will go in the ground tomorrow. 86 degrees in VA Bch so I need to be gardening not quilting. Love your quilts - they remind me of a Chelsea Garden Show.

Carrie Hampe said...

I'm not sure which I enjoy more... your flowers or the colors you put together on your quilts! I so wish I could take a class from you. Oh, thank you for bringing my husband on "just this side" of liking quilts!!