Wandaful Quilts

Visit my blog shop https://wandafulquilts.blogspot.com for items for sale: wall art, mini art, quilt tops, fabric groupings. It is an ever changing group of items.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Quilting again.....

Thank you everyone for participating in my poll about the hanging sleeve yesterday.  I appreciate every one of the comments.  It was about 2 to 1 that I should put on a permanent sleeve.  I was surprised how many quilters said they put hanging sleeves on almost all of their quilts and don't mind one being on a lap quilt.  I wonder if anyone would really take the time to remove a temporary sleeve anyway.  I will be sewing it on in the binding seam today. 
Yesterday I got sidetracked looking for something which I never found but you know how you find other things in the search that pull you away and pretty soon the day is almost over.  Last night I decided to quilt Crooked Cobblestones 9 which has been spray basted and was waiting for its turn.  I have it about half done and will probably finish it tonight.

8 comments:

HollyM said...

i can get caught up just looking for something and then getting sidetracked. Yesterday i spent a lot of time running around looking for an art supply and I finally found it last night right in front of my nose on the cutting table. I got my exercise running up and down the stairs anyway.

Sewing Junkie said...

Glad you got a good response to the question you had. The quilt will be ready for any use that way. chris

karenfae said...

beautiful colors!!!
Karen

dianen said...

Wanda, you are a quilting whirling dervish! I wish I had half your energy and dedication. You go, girl!

Quiet Quilter said...

I am continuely sidetracked..I always seem to get something done, it's just not what I planned to do that day....

Anonymous said...

I have been meaning to ask about spray basting. Is it like the spray adhesive we use for mounting art to a mat board ? Does it hold as well as a hand basted quilt? I am assuming you use it for your smaller pieces.

You really are a 'whirlwind' of energy getting ready for your show. It has been a treat to watch your progress, I always wonder how you do it all and yet take time to post every day.

J~MT

Needled Mom said...

Sidetracks can be so interesting. Those colors are just gorgeous.

Pat said...

In the last few weeks I have misplaced 2 things; my hair clippers and my reading glasses (one pair out of many that I have). Today cleaning the linen closet I found the hair clippers. Now where in the world did I put the glasses??? Maybe threw them away!!! LOL

Yes I too wonder how many people would rip out the sleeve.