Wandaful Quilts

Visit my blog shop https://wandafulquilts.blogspot.com for items for sale: wall art, mini art, quilt tops, fabric groupings. It is an ever changing group of items.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Beautiful backing fabrics......

The backing fabric for Rainbow River is just as colorful as the top.  And yes, I had that in my stash!  I still  have 2.5 yards of it left for another quilt.  When I find potential backing fabrics on sale for $2-4 a yard I usually buy 6-8 yards so I have enough for anything from a twin to queen size back.  I have had this piece for a long time, maybe 10 years, so the quilt was finally made that needed it.  It is a Hoffman of CA fabric.
I got three of the stars quilted last night on Sparkling Stars.  I know I have had this backing fabric for more than 11 years because I bought it when I worked at the quilt shop in Batavia, IL and I left that job in Aug. 2000.  It is also a Hoffman of CA fabric.
I love my little Begonia.  Every leaf is a different color and design.  It has 3 more leaves started and I'm wondering what colors they will be.

13 comments:

Ángela said...

Wonderful colours!!!Very nice things...Your blog is very very beautifull and it´s a great work.
Greetings

Sewing Junkie said...

Having stash is a good thing. I wish I had more room to add to mine. The backings will be good choices. Chris

Ольга Т. said...

Краски и цвета радуют глаз! Всё очень гармонично.

Frog Quilter said...

Your backing fabrics are as pretty as your batiks. I have a whole closet (small) just for backs. When I see a good deal I buy it.

Keep the morning eye candy coming!!!

patty a. said...

Your backing fabric is so beautiful! It's great to have a stash! You have inspired me to look for some bargain fabric when I head out to work the sale at Miller's Dry Goods in May when I work. I always make sure I get there early so I get first pick! All the fabric will be 30% off including the bargain basement fabric. Let's hope I can get some wonderful and colorful fabric to add to my stash.

Gale, pursuing as much as I can as fast as I can! said...

Gorgeous backs! I have lots of fabrics that haven't yet aged enough to be used :). Thanks for the color explosion!

Sheila said...

Those Hoffman of CA fabrics are BEAUTIFUL! I love to watch how you boldly embrace COLOR in your quilting projects in your post entries!

Anonymous said...

Do you save fabrics just for backing specifically ? Or do they sometimes end up in your quilt tops ?

They are lovely pieces for the backs. Difficult to find those prints today. Well ~ it may be where one lives too.

J~MT

Muddling Through said...

Even your pot plants are exuberantly colorful!

And the backing fabrics are perfect. I am always so happy when that perfect fabric is right there in my "home store". It's wonderful to shop in your own stash!

crazylegs said...

I remember that Hoffman fabric! I have a piece in a different colorway. I really love Rainbow River.

Cathi said...

What fabulous backing fabrics! They're perfect for the quilts.

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Those stars are magnificent. That is going to be a beauty.

I have that same begonia. I am wintering it over and have had the edges of the leaves dry out but it is hanging in there and I think it is
going to be fabulous this summer.

Julierose said...

What kind of begonia is that--Reiger?? The leaves are beautiful--just like your quilts--what a lovely site...