I put the large design batik on the wall and then put the blocks I have made so far on top of it to see if I like it. I'm going to have to look at this for a couple days. I have enough strip piecing to make 2 blocks alike of each combination and I have about 6 more combinations to sew yet.
I looked through all of my regular quilting fabrics and only came up with 2 that might work with the batiks. The rest of them had too much yellow or leaned too far toward red orange.
This is the next quilt in line for quilting. You may recognize it as 'my second favorite' on my right side bar of the blog.
I decided I wanted to quilt close lines with matching thread in each of the pieces. I started out with dark rose thread and quilted all of the pieces of that color, then went to a green with a hint of blue and did all of those, then orange, and finally light pink. I have a long way to go on this one. I quilted for 2.5 hours while I watched TV and am about 1/4 of the way done.