Sunday, February 5, 2012

One more quilted.....

I quilted the third QOV quilt made from the kits that I cut.  Our sew-in is on Tuesday so I want to be able to deliver the quilts.  I trimmed the edges but haven't cut the binding yet.
I need to make 30 more of the black and white wedges before I can continue on that project.  I am using up all of the left over strip piecing from a Strips n Curves quilt made several years ago and adding 2 chunks onto it.  I'm still looking for my bag of black and white scraps.  I hate to cut off yardage when I know there are a bunch of scraps somewhere in my house.

7 comments:

stitchinpenny said...

The scraps haunt me too. I have fabric from a quilt I made that I put away to make a center square for another quilt. It is put away so well I can't find it. I guess God wants me to think about that project a little more.

Sewing Junkie said...

When you quit looking you will find it. I have looked for knitting needles for three years and can't find them. Chris

Gene Black said...

Ha ha.. I really thought that you were too organized to lose a bag of scraps.

Purple Pam said...

Isn't it frustrating when you cannot find something you want? I spend too much time looking for lost items! LOL!

O'Quilts said...

The QOV came out lovely!

Anonymous said...

Nice Sunday post.

Hey ~ doesn't matter if it is a bag of scraps, car keys, or one of my dozen pairs of readers anymore... they will turn up, but the time it takes looking is what is frustrating. When those lost items finally catch our eye we think... why didn't I see them the last time I looked there ?

J~MT

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Yep, we never seem to get organized enough to find what we want when we want it, do we? I know I don't. I'm trying.

The red, white and blue quilt is so pretty. Some soldier is going to be mighty happy with it.