I have added 4 more blocks to the mix and opened up the large print to see more of it in the layout. I don't think I want that much of it showing and I only have a little over a half yard. I can get 5 squares out of one strip of 8.5" so I can only have 10 squares total in the quilt.
Here is an alternate fabric that I tried for the plain squares. I like the contrast but there is too much brown in the print. Dark orange is rust which goes into brown and I don't want to go there. I want the quilt to remind me of orange juice.
This is one of the best parts of a new project: seeds for more original art. Some of it will make its way into crooked cobblestones, the rest - more fun.
I made this red quilt in 2007 from triangles I cut in the late 1990s, mostly calico type prints. It is another that I need a better photo of. I need to put something gray next to it so the camera can read the color right. Then I will crop the gray out of the photo. I guess you can see my favorite side of the color wheel, the warm colors. I have blues, turquoises and greens cut but don't have enough of any of them yet to start the quilts. I am making the one color quilts all lap size.