I sewed the borders onto the flannel quilt and pieced the back and that is as far as I thought I was going to go on this flannel quilt yesterday. Then I remembered the last piece on my old roll of batting was just the right size for this so I decided to load it on the longarm.
While I was looking at it I decided it was only going to be 5 passes over the quilt so why not go ahead and quilt it.
I had a long enough piece of the red print for the back but just a little short on the one I had used for side borders so I pieced on some of the other border fabric.
On January 1st I took all of the triangles I cut over a month ago and designed this zigzag top. The triangles are 6" finished so this will be about 60" x 72". It is the project I'll work on between other things but I only have 2 weeks to get it sewn and off the wall before my friends will need the wall space.