I decided to add 2 more rows onto the right side of this crosses quilt top. I put the pieces of the last 4 rows back up on the design wall and then added pieces for the last 2 rows. I moved some colors around too. It is all sewn together now.
I always put my Christmas cacti outside in the summer but because I had 9 plants, they didn't all stay out there all summer. I wish I had tagged them now as to which ones were out there the longest. Three of them have buds.
You might remember that I rescued some at Wal*mart that they were letting dry out at the end of the season. I was surprised that they had more than one bloom on the end of each leaf. If you click and enlarge this photo you can see 2 buds on one of them. Next summer I will have to come up with a solution for so many plants to all be outside all summer.
I started seeing some of the new fall Kaffe fabric on the internet so I checked out Canton Village Quiltworks and Jackie has some in. I had to get some half yards.....I had to do it!