I spent the morning yesterday finishing the layout of the crosses quilt. It will finish at 40" square and I think I will put 2 borders on it. I was going to start sewing it but decided to work on the other 2 projects instead.
I finished making all of the edge pieces and sewed 2 more rows and sewed them onto the 4 row section on the upper left. I was thinking that I should try a border. On the right is just the strip of the dark sashing fabric and on the left the 2 fabrics used in the setting triangles. The only problem is that I don't think I have quite enough of the orange dancing leaves fabric.
While looking through all of my fabric to be sure I didn't have any more, I found the same print in the purple with orange. I didn't think I would consider anything except the same fabric as the setting triangles but I really don't think this looks too bad, in fact maybe good. I'll look at it again later today when I get home from my busy day.
Last on the agenda while I watched the 10 o'clock news was the checkerboard quilt. I made one more large square and 2 more small ones. I also cut all of the rest of the red panel fabric into squares. I will need 5 more large squares to finish this. This morning I am going to help choose some fabric for the Quilts of Valor project at our chapter leader's house and then I am meeting my childhood friend and her husband for lunch. I may get some sewing done today, maybe not.