Wandaful Quilts

Visit my blog shop https://wandafulquilts.blogspot.com for items for sale: wall art, mini art, quilt tops, fabric groupings. It is an ever changing group of items.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

And then there is the math.....

I have the layout the same width as the photo in the book (click on link and then scroll down)
but Kaffe's diamonds are a little larger than mine so I may need to go one diamond wider.  Right now this would only be 46.5" wide.  If I add one row in width it will be 54.25". It takes half diamonds to fill in all around the edges but I should be able to just border them on 2 sides before I slice them 1/4" away from the center line.  I need to add one row of light bordered diamonds on the bottom to have it 66.25" long.  If I add an additional row it will be 79.5".  The next decision, should it be a wallhanging instead of a couch throw quilt? 

I see that I have 2 with the same fabric as centers in the third row down so I need to change that.


I could really go crazy and make it a twin bed size too, but is it that much fun to do?  Or am I ready to move on?  Stay tuned...

16 comments:

Lynne said...

Staying tuned! (as always)

Jackie said...

I say use it as a lap quilt. Very versatile and you will smile every time you use it! It looks fantastic!

hetty said...

It looks great, Wanda! I would make some of those half diamonds for the edges. Then wait until it speaks to me about its size.

patty a. said...

I say go twin sized. This quilt is going to be stunning and I always go by the matra bigger is better!

sosarahsew said...

My vote is for no smaller than a throw, but I really think it should be for YOUR bed. You know you love it enough to use all the time!

Impera_Magna said...

Just out and out beautiful... don't you just love the math of quilting?

:)

QuilterBee said...

I vote for making it larger, with half diamonds around the edes. It's really beautiful Wanda! I have mine up on the design wall with the strips pinned to them. I'll email you a pic. I realy need some yellow Negley and I have none. Gonna shop online today and see what I can find. Thank you for my moring inspiration girl! I need it haha. Amie in Tn.

Very Lazy Daisy said...

I say go for it, make it bigger! It's very lovely.

Needled Mom said...

So many choices!

Julia said...

This is why I don't quilt. All that math would burst the nerves in my brain!!!! I love your color choices as usual.

Belinda said...

Yes..decisions, decisions, decisions....seems there soooo many! I think that is what gets me bogged down sometimes...the possibilities are e-n-d-l-e-s-s!!!!

This is lookin' sooooo good!!!

Cathi said...

Whatever size you make it, it's going to be stunning. I can imagine it thrown over a chair or couch.

Anonymous said...

You bet I will stay tuned... I love this diamond piece, the fabrics are so "exuberant" as always.

J~MT

Cille said...

It's beautiful. The colors are amazing. I'm making another Kaffe Fasset pattern also with diamonds. The diamonds should go together in hexagons though but I really like this arrangement better... so I might change my mind.

Muddling Through said...

Oh, they are all so pretty! Those fabrics are just scruptious. And you deserve a little fun after all that work, so go for it!

Jean said...

It is going to be so pretty. When I made mine I had doubles of some of the centers, and I kept checking and checking to make sure none were by each other. Then after I had it finished and was quilting it, I realized I had 2 the same right next to each other. Not sure how that happened! They did have different frames, so that helped.