Saturday, July 2, 2011

Progress................

I had to try this fabric for the corner squares just in case it worked.








Hmmm, I don't think so........  I'm pondering on the idea that maybe I should make 2 smaller quilts from these blocks and then I can use 2 of the auditioned fabrics.







Before I put that on the wall though I had to try 2 of the choices from this morning alternating.

I have lots of seeds for a new project.....of course something in this pile may get used in this quilt (or quilts).


It was finally time to pull out the box of 1.5" Kaffe fabric strips and get serious about the rest of the pieced sashing.  I has happy to see a little bag of partial length strips I could use up.

Here they are all grouped and ready to sew.  This will make 9 of the 10 needed and I have a little section of a previous strata that I can get the 10th one from.
 Tomorrow I'll just have garden photos as I try to finalize my plans for this quilt(s).

11 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Nah....not the pink!!!

Sewing Junkie said...

Wanda, Wanda, You never sees to amaze me with all the fabrics. The best one will jump out and grab you when you find it. Chris

Lynne said...

You could make one quilt and use two different fabrics alternatively or even randomly!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

I kind of like the green background with the blue circles one.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you always seem to have just the right fabric to use in your stash - you are lucky to have so much that you don't tire of. I have a small stash and I must admit that some of it will get chopped into little pieces because I just don't like them anymore :)
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Pat said...

In my mind I am always working on the next quilt and organizing it as to what I am going to do and when. If my hands and the sewing machine could work as fast as the mind, I would be in good shape. I took a day off from sewing and was bored to death. I need to sew.

Barbara said...

This is a stunning quilt.

Jean said...

I love that fabric, though not sure it is better than the GREEN! :)

Buffy said...

You're thinking too much! Get out of the way, and let it happen.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

OMGosh!! I love that first pic with the huge flowers.

Sorry, it just GRABBED me~~
Happy Holiday

Sharon M said...

Can't wait to see which one you pick!