I did go out to fill the bird feeders though and finally figured out where the robin's nest is. The robin has been 'warning me' as I walk to the back yard but I didn't find the nest in the usual place, the crook of the downspout. If you look close you can see one adult and one baby with its mouth open. The sun was glaring on the screen of the camera so I wasn't even sure I got this shot until I put it in the computer.
Then I was reading blogs and saw what Vicki Welsh is making. I decided it was time to get out the fabric I have purchased from her over the last 2 years and USE IT! But first....... I had to clean off the tables.
One table had a stack of blue jean legs ready to cut up for quilts. I opened my 8.5" die and cut 46 squares. One table cleaned off.......
Another table had the pieces of batik that I had sewn together last Wednesday for a Jelly Roll Race quilt. I sewed the first 2 seams last night, the really long seams, so I have 3 seams left to sew this morning and then 2 tables are cleared off.
The star quilt is still waiting for its last 3 blocks but I can start dreaming about what shape I want to use for the hand dyed fabrics. I love triangles but also considered a modular layout-lots of square and rectangular shapes.