I don't want to make another batik log cabin quilt (I have 4 waiting to be quilted) so I decided to sew the left over pieces into little blocks. I could use this for one of my 2011 journal challenge quilts but it would be 1/2" smaller in one direction than all of the rest. I know that wouldn't bother anyone but me, so I'll think about it.
I opened the box of the next size longer strips and pieced 3's into blocks. There are 21 blocks so I could add 3 1/2" plain blocks between them for a table runner or just sew them together for a table centerpiece/hot dish mat.
I did sew some rows of the zig zag quilt together while I was doing laundry. Yesterday afternoon I visited a friend's studio. She had me come over and look at it and give her suggestions last week and the transformation is wonderful. Maybe I could get inspired and clean off my own table tops now.