You would think that since I wrote a tutorial for making journal covers that I should be successful at making them. I pulled out a sheet of paper with measurements written on it and thought they were the ones I had used last time. I faced the patchwork, turned it right side out and quilted it only to find out it was 1/2" too short for the notebook. I could mount it on ultrasuede and then it could be finished.
I decided to jump right in and try another one right away. On this one the quilting lines are evenly spaced, and it fits the notebook. When I made the last covers, I made lots of them at one time. That way it is all fresh in my mind exactly how to do every part of it. After waiting a year since I made the last ones, I just couldn't get into the swing of it. I am not going to give up though. I plan on making at least a dozen of them next week.
Here it is all stretched out. It is kind of plain so I'm going to see if i can jazz it up today.