"B" was working on this quilt in the finishing class. she was adding the green strips to all of the blocks. This one has 4 triangles cut from identical layers to create a 4 patch posy. We cut the setting triangles from the floral fabric in class too so she can get it sewn together. She had a lot of blocks and I think it is a queen size.
"C" was working on this batik quilt. I thought I had shown the one I made as a store sample in a previous post but I couldn't find it. It is one where you stack several fabrics, cut into 5 slices around a center piece, shuffle and sew together.
I had 2 students with names starting with S so this is "S-1" and she was working on a kit that she bought when she first started making quilts. It isn't her taste in fabrics now however. This is one fourth of the quilt and I think we convinced her it was a good one to gift to a new baby girl.
"S-2" had missed the class I gave on this quilt but had already purchased the fabric and pattern so she got a good start on it. It will have 12 of these blocks. She had most of the strips ready to sew together when she left.
We had a lot of fun, solved the problems of the world, laughed at lot, and ate chocolate.
I played at the end of the large design wall and worked on the zig zag quilt with the gray fabrics. I have to do some more cutting before I can continue with it.
It is supposed to be in the 80's for 3 days. I was just getting used to long sleeves.