I sewed the binding on the quilt but haven't started the hand stitching yet. I kept thinking I wanted a dark brown binding but nothing made it sing. Then I tried this rusty color and it was perfect.
This is the border fabric and the backing fabric that I chose to go with it (see the quilt on yesterday's post). I have seamed the 2 pieces together so now I need to cut the batting.
I also made the decision to do one more round on the log cabin blocks so I cut some more fabrics to the lengths needed.
I mowed half of the front yard yesterday morning. Even though it got into the 90's yesterday (and humid) there was a nice breeze. I finished mowing the front yard last night after I got home from Dad's. Now I have the 2 side strips to do. The backyard is in so much shade that I think I can skip a week with it. Today is supposed to be even hotter and muggier.