Monday, May 10, 2010

Lazy day


I had a lazy day yesterday.  My family visited and my son put the new power source in my desktop computer and it works again!  Now I have access to my email contacts that I hadn't transferred over to the new laptop.  Last night I was itching to sew something so I made a few more pieces to be trimmed to 2.5" squares.  I won't make anything out of them until the little box is full.
The pieces and parts box is overflowing.  I think I will be sorting them and playing with some of them soon.

Today is my church sewing group so I need to finish a couple of the preemie quilts to take along.

7 comments:

Maria said...

Lovely to spend time with the family!!
I love your colourful wee blocks and it will be great to see what you make out of them.
Have fun with your friends.

Unknown said...

Don't you just love lazy days? I had one too, but no sewing was accomplished. I sat down and read a great book. I don't often give myself the time to do that and it is something I love. But back to sewing today. Your pieces and parts box looks like mine, simply overflowing!!

Sewing Junkie said...

Glad you had company and had a good day with them. I like the container odf blocks. Looks like you had fun with them. Chris

hetty said...

Wow! You call that a lazy day? Sounds pretty busy to me.

Browndirtcottage said...

I'm so glad you had a 'soothing' day off with family...sometimes it is needed...it usually makes my creative juices get flowing and I'm ready for everyone to leave so I can get to it!! HA!

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy seeing your pieces be they small or big I love to study your combinations.

Our weekend was too cool to think about doing any planting. But I think we may have turned the corner and I can get serious about my filling up my planters. At least get them ready today.

J~MT

Cathi said...

I love your scraps basket -- can't wait to see the little blocks that come out of that!