Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sweet smells


I called my neighbor who is moving to see if she wanted some boxes I had in my garage.  When she came over she brought me some hyacynth blooms.  The scent is so strong that it carries into the adjoining rooms.

My dad wants a single/twin bed now so we are moving the double bed out of his apartment and into my garage until a relative can take it later this summer.  Yesterday I worked on organization of all of the stuff already in there.
I sewed the last 7 rows of the zig zag quilt and then started sewing the cross rows (2 are done).  All of the other rows are hanging by the little threads from sewing the seams in the first direction.  Here is the tutorial I posted on that method.

11 comments:

Eva said...

Did you get up so early or stay up?

Sewing Junkie said...

I asked her that one time too. I get up early to sew and sometimes it is the only time that is quiet. Progress is being made. It will be done before you know it. Chris

Jody said...

you must be glad to be getting your dad settled back in his place. I see that you are up before the sun, but where did those lovely hyacynths come from so soon? Certainly not outdoors? The new piece is a stunner - no surprise there!!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your flowers are not too much behind ours then - I just brought some hyacinths in the house as well, I don't have many but one got knocked over so it came in the house with some daffodils. I have so many different kinds of daffodils that I will have them blooming for another month still.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Oh, your quilt is coming along so beautifully. It just makes me smile to look at it! I love the scent of hyacinths, and those are really pretty. What a nice gift.

Needled Mom said...

I love the smell of hyacinths. They are also so pretty.

The zig zag quilt is really progressing.

Cathi said...

I was at the LQS yesterday and they had a hyacinth right at the door as you went in. The whole shop smelled heavenly.

Marie said...

I admit I had to read the tutorial several times and study the pictures carefully and then it finally clicked. Thanks, this method makes sense to me.

Marie

Vicky F said...

Hi Wanda,
I bet your zig zag quilt looks even better in person (and I like it now)!

Sounds like your garage is well- used for storage; mine needs a really good cleaning at this point (lots of dirt brought in with the car tires over winter).

Take care.
Vicky F

Rebel said...

Zig Zag is looking good! I particularly like the greens you're using.

Chris Daly said...

I'm glad you and your dad are starting to feel better. I love the hyacinths. I can almost smell them from here.