Here are leftovers from production line cutting when I started. I may use some of them in one of the borders. So, I hit the books last night. I needed some inspiration so I grabbed the 2 collaborative quilt books. I have seen the idea below done in all florals somewhere too and it is a definite possibility of some playtime fun in the near future. Gwen and Freddy have a whole section devoted to the spare parts that they have combined into quilts. I have the spare parts below left from a quilt I made about 3 years ago. They look like good centers for some log cabin style wonky blocks. I will be teaching a finishing class today, so no sewing until evening.
Thursday, February 4, 2010
A bloom, an almost finish, an new idea...
I noticed at 4 p.m yesterday that the amaryllis is starting to bloom. I'll take more pictures as the other flowers open.I finished the last 2 blocks for this star quilt. You have all been very encouraging and like the color/fabric choices. It has not met my expectations and that is my own fault. I wanted it to be more purple and the gold/rust color seems to be taking over. I still have a chance in the border however. I will leave the blocks on the design wall and audition some borders.