While I was cleaning the basement I saw my pile of strips that I showed you here and I decided to start the layout. I think I will run mine horizontally instead of vertical like Kaffe did. I thought I was going to have to look for a couple deeper tones but the Roberta Horton plaids already have the deep tone I need. I have a few more fabrics that I can cut for this one too so this is just a sample layout.
I finished all of the Disappearing 9 patch blocks that I was working on Thurs. night and then I decided to try a batik block with some of the squares left over from a Double 4 patch that I made last year.