Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cobblestones quilt series

First I want to make a correction to the name of the quilt yesterday. It is Turning 20 Again, not Turning 20 (the original pattern). It has a lot more pieces per block. Sorry about any confusion I may have caused.


Last night I sorted my current blocks for the next Cobblestone quilt. I sort them by width. Now some of the blocks can be used in 2 different rows because they are rectangular. Once I start playing with them on my design wall, I end up stealing them out of different piles but I at least have some order to start playing because it is designed in vertical rows.
This is my favorite pile, with one of my very favorites on top. After I got the picture to the computer I noticed the piece of lint on the top block. I decided not to bother re-taking the picture.
The top one here is one of my least favorite blocks, but it is the combination with dull and neutral blocks that let the lively ones sing.
WeWe go more snow overnight and lots of school closings in the area. I haven't shoveled yet so I don't know how many inches we got. This winter is REALLY winter. Some years we don't have very cold temperatures and some years not much snow. We already have passed the average winter snow amount.

9 comments:

Eva said...

How interesting some of your fabrics look! Are these all ready made, or did you include some hand prints?

hetty said...

Now comes the fun part - playing with the blocks on the design wall! Your blocks look great, even the so called 'dull and neutral' ones. It is cold here too! It is -21C at the moment. With the wind factored in it feels like -30C!

Unknown said...

I love your stacks of cobblestones. I am with you I like the bright pile the best, but the neutral ones really do make the others shine. I just posted my strata quilt and some wonky batik blocks they are all bright. I am always happy to hear your weather reports, because generally that means we are getting it the next day. Thanks for the heads up!

Jackie Russell said...

I really need to start making some of these blocks with my batik scraps. They all look great!

Julie Bagamary said...

These blocks are so much fun.

jovaliquilts said...

Good technique for sorting. My unused block pile is growing and eventually I will want to put them together. Thanks for the tip. I do like these blocks!

Anonymous said...

Every block is a combination of great prints and color. Your least favorite block is my favorite. Anxious to see them all on your design board. And know I will see the explosion of color blended into another 'Wandaful' quilt top.

J~MT

AverettLadyNana said...

I love your fabrics. Especially the one on top of your pile of favorites. Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Tine said...

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh! I love this already!! You should really write down some guidelines for how to do these and sell as a "do-it-yourself" PDF-guidelines-to-a-pattern!