Monday, October 27, 2008

Here is my design wall display as my art quilters will see it this morning. It is a representation of what I have done since I saw them last. I have some vintage fabrics that I need to sell. I can see vintage aprons made from them.
They are all 36" wide and I think they date from the 40's and 50's.

I have seen places on the Internet where this vintage sells for $20 a yard or more but I would be willing to sell for less than that.


The largest piece has 6 yards and several have 2 1/2 yards. If anyone is interested email me.



The sun is shining but we are having our coldest day so far this fall, in the 40's. (30's this morning)

9 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Are you on flickr? (Photo posting website) The gals over there really dig the vintage stuff...

Melody Johnson said...

I am amazed that you have all those old fabrics. But then you have more fabric than anyone I know. I hope the right buyer finds you today.

Val said...

Oh gosh I remember buying fabrics like these when I was fourteen for making dresses in the needlework class at school. I was so in to large floral prints! In those days if I had fabric I used it...not like now!

Joyce said...

You design wall is very inspiring.

Christina said...

I am interested in the blue zigzag stripe and the fall colors stripe under it. could you email me cleared pictures and tell me how much there is and how much you want for it. cescouten@comcast.net
thanks, Christina

Anonymous said...

I like that you shared your design board with us also... Great review of the past several days.

The vintage fabrics do bring back memories to all of us from that era. Those that collect them are in for a real treat. As all your fabrics are treasures.


J~MT

Julie Bagamary said...

I'm interested in your method of cutting your strips to straighten your fabric. About how wide do you cut them? Do you also use strips from the selvages?

Cathi said...

That design wall is gorgeous all on its own. Absolute bliss to look at!

jacquie said...

i love the ones with roses. maybe i'll buy a lottery ticket today.