Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Quilted and trimmed

This is another baby Trip Around the World quilt. I finished sewing the top together after I used the strips for demonstration purposes in my class in May. This is the one I basted a couple weeks ago. I quilted it and trimmed it yesterday and will put the binding on today. Full picture tomorrow. I heard a lot of loud chirping in my backyard yesterday and saw this baby robin and his mother. I couldn't get the mother to stand still long enough to get her picture. The baby on the other hand just sits there and chirps and she comes with food to stick down his throat. The funny part is she is skinny and he is fat! and he gets all of the food.
The hydrangea blossoms are getting big. Just about the time I am really enjoying the white blooms they turn lime green for the rest of the summer.
I took these nature pictures after sundown. It is amazing how much bluer the greens are when the sun isn't shining. I never notice that until I take a picture. Below are the thread leaf coreopsis in behind the regular variety.
We have had about 10 days of the most beautiful, low humidity, perfect temperature days. The humidity is going to roll in tomorrow night. It is so nice to have windows open and the breeze flowing through the house. Because I have hot water heat in my house I have window air conditioners, not central air. They don't do the job like central air but at least it is tolerable inside in the really hot humid weather.

I just add statistics in yesterday's post about the blue/green quilt in case you are interested.

9 comments:

Vicki W said...

What a cute baby - he probably saw the baby quilt through the window and would like to have it for himself!

The Calico Cat said...

This is my favorite time in the bordy year - I love how those fledglings will sit and call and call for food from their mommas! (I saw one sitting in the hot sun with his beak wide open - while the other birds were sensibly located in the shade.)

Sequana said...

I have only a window A/C in my bedroom in my apt. I have decided this year to not put it in at all. When I have it there, the rest of the place (where I work and eat and do everything else) seems even hotter and more humid.
I'm gonna bite the bullet and see.

If the weather were only like it's been the last few days all summer, that would work fine....*S*

Pattie said...

I love that quilt, Wanda. The colors are fabulous! And thanks for the photos of your flowers and the baby robin. I can almost hearing him chirping...

Cathi said...

Your quilt is so cheerful! I love it. The little robin is adorable -- it must be wonderful to watch.

Shelina said...

This looks like a bright cheery quilt. Isn't it always the way with mothers - to give and give to the children?
Your double four patch quilt is just gorgeous. I always love your fabric selection.

Sharon said...

The baby quilt looks wonderful - so bright and happy.
The baby robin is a cutie! I love to watch the babies.
Your nature pictures are so great. Those coreopsis just glow! And what pretty blooms on the hydrangea. Mine are just starting to get buds.

TB said...

Thanks Wanda! Now I know that I have thread leaf Coreopsis in my front yard! I wondered what it was!

Michael5000 said...

The ATW is another charmer....