Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"Needs to be Finished" box, part 6

I'm diving back into that box again to see what else I need to finish this year. There were 2 flannel quilt tops in there. This one was a class sample and same style as one I posted on Aug. 14th. This one is only 54" x 82" so it definitely a one person lap quilt. Here is the close up of the fabrics. I love the flannel quilts and want to make more.
I made one of all 6" squares of flannel plaids and stripes a few years ago so I think I will take all of my smaller pieces of flannel and start cutting squares. Maybe I'll make a few pieced blocks to throw in now and then.

8 comments:

Vicki W said...

How deep is that box?

Joyce said...

flannel sounds very warm and cozy given our weather right now.

Anonymous said...

Colors are so rich and in FLANNEL yet~ just lovely. Top looks complete, is it just the backing and quilting that it needs? The prints and plaids are wonderful. Like 'comfort food' this quilt looks that appealing and cozy.

J~MT

Anonymous said...

Do your wash your flannels before you piece them and do you have more than one box of UFOs ?

meggie said...

I agree that flannel quilt looks so cosy & inviting. I am sure a child would adore it, too.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Anonymous, NO I don't wash my flannels before I piece them. I like the body that they have when they are new and they will all shrink approx. the same amount when it is washed later. I just make the quilt a little bigger than I intend it to be so when it is washed it is the size I wanted.
And YES there are 2 boxes of UFO's.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I, too, love flannel quilts. I've only pieced one - but whenever one of us is feeling "down" or
"crummy" the trusty flannel is the first quilt we reach for! I will be making another one - later this year, I hope!

TB said...

I love triangles. This looks very much like something I'd make. I also like strippy borders on my quilts. Very nice quilt.